Can Thor have this?




Sunday, September 6, 2009

I had some hopes of coming to an understanding with Maria and getting to see Thor, but it was just another of Maria's legal games...


On September 5th, I received a letter from Maria titled:

"For Thor 2"

. I was very excited after I read the letter. I thought that she had come to understand that Thor should have a father. Maybe this little boy might have a chance to have a father...

How wrong I was! How deeply disappointed I was to realize that it was just another of Maria's legal ploys to get full custody.

First she asked for some sort of guarantee that I would live in Sweden with Thor. So I agreed to sign a legal binding agreement that I would be living in Sweden with Thor. Even I agreed to giving my passport to my attorney.

So it came down to when I could see Thor?

The answer that came from her was not a date when I could see Thor. To make a long story short, she said that she would not let me see Thor unless I let her have full custody.

Then reading from her script, she tried to push my buttons to ask me what I would do if she was granted full custody. I told her as my attorney presented in court, I would seek my visitation rights as I am entitled to by swedish law.

I could tell that there was somebody else in the room possibly with a video recorder or camera recording the whole thing? It's so sad that Thor will have to stay fatherless longer so that Maria can do her legal manouvers that are clearly not in Thor's best interest.



My comments about the phone/skype conference with Maria:

1) It is very cruel how Maria showed me Thor to taunt me knowing that I haven't been able to be with him for more than 4 months now. She was again using Thor to get to her goal of sole legal custody. I am very saddened by this kind of heartless treatment.

2) When I asked the simple question of when I could see Thor, the response wasn't a date. She basically said that I couldn't see Thor unless I agreed to let her have full legal custody.

3) It's interesting how she demands guarantees of this or that... but when it comes down to can Thor see his father, it has to be in Maria's schedule and mood. The only guarantee that I have to be there for Thor and for him to have his father is by having joint custody. I will not sell Thor's right to see his father for these nefarious demands. What guarantees do I have to make sure that the next second Maria will not change her mind and say that I cannot see Thor ever again? The simple answer is NONE, unless we have joint legal custody. According to Maria, "it is different in Sweden". How so I ask? (With the gut feeling that somebody is telling the tall tale.)

4) I am very saddened that Maria is using Thor to derive whatever strange satisfaction to exert her "power" over Thor and over me.

I am asking a simple thing. A legal guarantee that we share custody so that Thor can be with both parents.

It breaks my heart to see Thor and realize that it's been so long that he doesn't recognize his father's voice.

5) Mark my words, I would not be surprise if tomorrow in the custody review Maria shows up with a taped copy of this phone/skype conference claiming that she must have full custody because we can't agree on anything. Maria creates the conflict, then claims that there's conflict.

Or Maria claiming that I was never involved with Thor fully knowing that she has taken many pictures like this one:



If not sooner we see in Aftonbladet more claims that there's been some other threat against her life or Thor's.

I was afraid that Maria was up to some other legal game/setup when she titled her email to me "For Thor 2". Because this is how she used to title her emails that she would present in court so that she could differentiate it from the first one. All these legal manuverings are done at Thor's expense and well being.

Be as it maybe, I ask the people who are around Maria to tell her that Thor should see his father and not be used as a bargaining chip to get her way. Why should Thor keep suffering unnecessarily?

I'm just a simple father trying to have a relationship with his son. I have traveled thousands of miles to come here to be with him, just to encounter more lies and Maria's unwillingness to foster Thor's relationship with me. I feel very sad for Thor and the turn of events.

I am sad that Thor is missing out on getting to know his father and have some kind of attachment to his father. He will never have an opportunity to get these precious moments back, like I have had with both my parents. I know that Maria didn't have these chances with her parents because they separated at an early age. So I am also asking her to believe that Thor needs that, and don't deny him that because she didn't have it herself.



Unless Maria comes to her senses about Thor's well being, I will count my days until Jan 15 2010 and hope that I will see him then. I will continue to settle in and get my things ready to provide Thor with a home. I will have a home ready to receive him before then. The only thing missing in my home and my heart will be the laughs of little Thor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Parenting Business Directory - BTS Local